Sunday 15 November 2009

Recharging Batteries

By this weekend I was exhausted, I'd had such a busy and hectic week,. So I've been taking it easy to recharge my batteries.

Last Friday I went to Blackpool, stayed over a couple of nights it was really busy as it was the last weekend of the illuminations. That wasn't the reason I was there, I was playing TT in the Veterans National league, we had 5 team matches winning two but losing three. I suppose it wasn't too bad as we got promoted last season and we look like avoiding relegation which was always the priority.

In fact its ben a big week of TT, tuesday we played in the York League and got a good 9-1 victory, its still early days but we are sat proudly top of the league. - http://sites.google.com/site/yorktabletennis/home/s09to10/div1

Another match on Wednesday this time against a team from Doncaster in the Yorkshire Clubs Championship and again a good 9-1 victory. Wasn't two hard to be honest but we know we have two much harder matches coming up against teams from Dewsbury and Hull, last seasons finalists.

And yet another match Thursday, this time in the Selby league, I was tired for this because I'd spent all day at hospital with my Dad who was having some tests. He was fine which was good but it was so long winded I got to the match late but still won all my singles in a 8-2 victory.

It wasn't all TT Monday I went to a wedding, it was one of my cousins who decided to tie the knot after living together for over 20 years. Then again it was a quick change and out to my Pool match, it was our last league game of the season which we won 5-4, got my singles but went down in the doubles.

Yep reckon I've earned a easy weekend.

2 comments:

celtic_girl said...

Just think of all the calories you expended doing all that running around.

Marriage after 20 years - wow they sure wern't in a hurry. lol!

ArleneWKW said...

Congratulations both on your various TT successes and have the energy to do it all.

Someone who my hubby knows got married after such a long time so that he and his significant other could share health benefits or a tax advantage, I forget which.