Monday 23 March 2009

Dangerous Walking route

I'm wondering if I should change my walking route after seeing the local news. I normally walk out into the country then pick up the canal and follow it back into the town centre of the town I live then home (about 6 miles).
Anyway on the news this weekend they have found a body in the canal right where I pick it up, apparently its a bloke with his head battered in. They reckon he's been in the water about 2 weeks, I must have walked past the spot a few times.
They haven't named in so I don't know if its local or the body has just been dumped, it is next to the main road.

Since my last post I forgot to mention I've had one of those horrible things called birthdays, so I'm officially one year older than last week.

6 comments:

ArleneWKW said...

Happy birthday Mick. That's creepy to learn that a dead body has been found along your usual 6 mile walk. I'd wait for more info. before making a decision. Could be an isolated instance or a crazy gone wild. There's some concern about a mountain lion that's been sited in the 5000 acre state park that borders my house. I pretty much am staying away from the more isolated trails or hiking them only with a friend.

celtic_girl said...

Happy Birthday Mick.

EWWW I'd change my walking route if I were you, at least until you find out more details. Maybe they just dumped the body there and murdered him somewhere else.

Take care.

Unknown said...

Happy belated birthday!
I think you should change your route. That's so scary. You never know in these instances what happened. Probably you should wait to hear more. But for now I think you should walk another direction! And maybe bring a friend!

Moby Dick said...

I bet you have been contacted and are one of the suspects in this mysterious murder of a local gay man. Feel free to call on me as your character reference at your trial.

airliebird58 said...

Happy belated B/day Mick :) I agree with Celtic_girl, change your route for a while untill all the details become known.

Mick & Cathy said...

Well the body has not yet been identified but apparently they are suspecting its an illegal immigrant although that has not yet been confirmed.

The route is quite safe because the canal area is full of police at present, divers are looking for a murder weapon.

Moby Dick,
You seem obsessed with gays is there something you want to tell us ?
At least you are now having the nerve to try slag me off here (and show your true colours) instead of using other peoples blogs anonomosly. Don't know what your problem is but you must be living in a very sad world if you get your kicks from verbally abusing people.