Tuesday 3 March 2009

The Damned United

Thats the name given to the film released in UK Cinemas later this month about my football Club Leeds United.
Its actually a follow up to the Book by the same name about the 44 days back in 1974 Brian Clough was manager of my great Club before the directors came to their senses and sacked him.
Although I don't despute "old big head" was a good manager and achieved a lot in the game I will always argue that he should never have got the job. He hated Leeds & the players and his only intention was to break up & destroy the team that was the reigning English Champions and had been one of Europes finest for 10 seasons.
Don't know if I'll go see the film maybe I will but am worried the anti-Leeds brigrade will use it to degrade my club. I just hope its shows the truth of what actually happend because Clough had no respect for players that were my schoolboy heroes and its a crime I can never forgive.
Anyway here is the film trailor :-

4 comments:

celtic_girl said...

Well dont know much about this, but I'd go and see it. It might make a good discussion with the boys at the pub.

Unknown said...

Well probably you should go see it just so you will know whats in it.

Fairy Mae said...

ok...this looks good.

airliebird58 said...

I cant wait to see this! :) Sorry I haven't been about lately but have been a bit busy with things.