Thursday 26 March 2009

A Beer cures all the worlds problems.

Last night my mate Lofty was playing Pool in the local competition and asked me to go along to support, I had nothing on so went along.

After he had been beaten we went on to another Pub and as we was quiet we started talking Politics, in fact we discussed everything from Local, National & International politics. Funny how you do it after a few beers but we really put the world to right, we cured everything from the Credit Crunch to Global warming.

We reckoned it would be good to go into politics and start using that thing that the people invilved don't use "common sense". Don't laugh but we discussed starting our own political party (called "The common sense party") so we can push our ideas, obviously we would start by getting involved locally by getting elected onto the council, it may take us a a few years before we are running the country, lol.

Ok most of it was the Beer talking (must have been good stuff) but I've been thinking, I've a bit of time on my hands and could maybe do with a new challenge in life, maybe a poitical career is not as stupid as it sounds. Seriously I'm giving it some thought, initially thinking of starting a political blog to promote my ideas.
Anyone else ever considered this ?


On another note I was driving my car yesterday and thought the engine was making funny noises when I accelerated. I took it to the garage and the mechanic had a listen, he suspects I've got a leaking after-cooler hose as it only makes the noise when the turbo kicks in. I've booked it in for repair on Monday so its gonna be a bill I could have done without, not sure yet how much, suppose it depends what they find.

Today is my parents diamond wedding anniversary and they have recieved there telegram from the queen, the party is tomorrow night so I'm looking forward to seeing a few relations I haven't seen for ages.

Finally I see that Small minded person known as Moby Dick (formally Spider) has been at it again, he seems to get his pleasure trying to insult me on various blogs, don't know what his problem is but its very sad leaving comments on blogs (particuraly ones he doensn't normally read). It seems to bother him I don't comment on his blog perhaps he is a touch insecure and needs everyone to be his friend. It is really amusing how pathetic he is, its so easy to insult people you don't know online hiding behind a computor, a true keyboard warrior.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mick
Think you might be on your own with the politics, Andy's not got time!!! Said it was a good laugh though. Please pass our Congratulations to you Mum and Dad. Sorry we can't be with you tonight, but I'm sure you'll have a great time. Janine xx

Mick & Cathy said...

Janine,
Actually Lofty did say he would rope you in as secretary & to sort out the accounts, said you would be ideal, lol

celtic_girl said...

I hope your Mum & Dad's anniversary part went well and they had a great time.

As for the politics, I try and steer clear of them, I can't even stand office politics! I hate the diplomancy it needs, I just prfer to call "a spade a spade".