Tuesday 17 February 2009

A Long Time Together

I've been busy over the last few days organising a party for my parents as next month they will be celebrating their Diamond Wedding Anniversary. Yes 60 years together & I reckon thats a long time.

Well I've booked a local Club where my Dad is a member for the do & arranged a local catering company to do a buffet. I've had invitation Cards printed which actually has a photo of their wedding on the front.

I've been on the Buckingham Palace website to print off a form to apply for a telegram from the Queen. Apparently you are entitled to one but have to let them know, I've to fill in a form and send it within 3 weeks of the day (March 26th) with a photo copy of the wedding certificate.

Just the invites to send out now and I think we are inviting around 80 family & friends.

My Mum is really looking forward to it but I don't think my Dad is bothered and just going along with it.

7 comments:

ArleneWKW said...

Sixty years is amazing. I must have been just a month short of three years old when they married. I think its great that you're organizing the celebration for their anniversary.

celtic_girl said...

Yes, sixty years is pretty amazing.I think your Dad's reaction is typical of most males,but I bet your Mam is looking forward to it.You are a good son Mick for organising the party for them, I hope it all goes off well.

TitanThirteen said...

60 years Woohooo! That's a loooong time in this day and age! Congrates to them! :o)

TitanThirteen said...

congrats :o)

TitanThirteen said...

I tagged you. Check out http://cactuscrappy.blogspot.com/

Fairy Mae said...

Ohhhh! I think that would be so much fun! I lurve party planning!!...and to the Queen yet?! 60 Years!!! Oh what fun!

airliebird58 said...

60 years is a great achievement congratulations to your Mam and Dad! :)