Monday 15 December 2008

Spend, Spend, Spend.

I know December is an expensive time for all of us especially with the credit crunch but I've just taken a peep at my credit card statement & reckon I've broke my monthly spending record.

On top of the expected normal weekly Food bills & expected Christmas present spend I've a few extras on there this month. In them extras is three weekends away including the recent trips to Dublin & Stratford upon avon. The third trip is actually the hotel for my next trip at the end of January, I used a website to book which takes the money up front.

Other things on my account this month is the house insurance, two new tyres for the car, a new suitcase I bought & my Mums birthday present. I've also done a bit more motoring this month cos my fuel bill is higher.

Well hopfully all this means my next statement should be a low one, I always pay off completely each month by direct debit as I don't like paying interest. Don't think I'll have much cash in hand over Christmas.

Soon have completed my first year of retirement so I'll be doing a few sums in the new year to see how my planned budget has stood up & make my future plans.

2 comments:

TitanThirteen said...

So what are you getting for Jane?

I know i go on about her. But i've "known" you for over 2 years and you're a really nice guy and i'm REALLY excited for you! Probably more excited that you lol

ArleneWKW said...

I'm with you on paying off credit cards completely each month. You can't get into too much trouble doing that. i didn't realize that you'd actually retired. Is this a temporary hiatus or permanent?