Wednesday 3 December 2008

Cancelled

I'm a little cheesed off with the National health service this week. I was supposed to be taking my Dad to York hospital today for a planned Operation. It was gonna be keyhole surgery and he was expecting to come home again Thursday.
Its actually quite a problem because my Mum is disabled & we have to arrange for her to go in to a nursing home for a week or two while he recovers, normally he is her main carer.
So "sods law" the hospital phones on Monday to cancel his op so we've had to cancel my Mum in the home, its a pain in the a**e. To cap it all they have given him another date 31st December, yes New Years eve, I couldn't believe it.

On another note, I've another weekend away planned this week, Friday I'm off to Shakespere country "Stratford upon avon" where I'm once again meeting up with my friend Jane from MySpace. We will be staying over a couple of nights, on saturday we are planning to visit Warwick Castle which should be interested.
To be honest I've surprised myself how well Jane & myself have got on, things seem to have moved so quickly since we first met. We live at opposite ends of the country and are planning regular meet ups on something like a monthly basis, its what we both want.

Moving on gotta mention my footie team Leeds United who are having somewhat of a blip at present, my blog friend Airliebird just wrote an article about it so I'm not gonna repeat that.
Its amazing though the number of ups & downs my Club have, nothing is ever straight forward and it makes me think why I love my Club so much when the rest of the football world hate us like no other. Hell just look at some of the titles of books wrote about us "The Damned United", "The Unforgiven", "Trials & Tribulations" to name a few.
I actually believe its this hatred that pulls our fans together & creates the 2nd to none best support in football. No we don't claim to get the biggest home attendances (although beat most) its the amazing vocal support whereever we play. I think if we played in timbuktoo an army of fans would find a way of getting there, they follow the club everywhere.
Just check out this support away to Leicester its so typical of our fans take over away grounds with incesscent chanting while the home fans sit in silence :-

Personally I don't get chance to go as much as I like nowadays but going back to the 70's we've just had such a unbelievable away following that actually stuns home fans everywhere into silence.

Here is a great photo of our fans on a visit to Arsenal (London) in the 70's :-

Anyway to move on I haven't done a music post in awhile so I'll post this - Its Brian Setzer & his 17 piece orchestra with "rock this town" live. If this doesn't get you feet tapping nothing will :-

4 comments:

ArleneWKW said...

That's really too bad about your dad's surgery being rescheduled, Mick. Matt faced a similar situation here in the U.S. In his case, he was called the day before the scheduled op. This was less than an hour before we would have left to go to our overnight hotel. Socialized medicine as across the pond or private health insurance, it doesn't seem to matter. This kind of stuff apparently happens all the time. Even so, New Year's Eve seems like an especially unpleasant schedule date.

I'm glad that you and Jane are still going strong. :-)

TitanThirteen said...

Sorry to hear about your dad. You are right, that IS a pain in the ass!

Maybe you and Jane could talk about one of you moving closer to the other?
When John and i first met, it was through the computer. We lived 12 hours apart [via driving] but it was worth the travel because there was definatly spark there! But after a few months John said that he couldn't do the traveling anymore as it was too much. One of us had to move to the others city. I had no real ties that kept me where i was and i loved the place where he lived so i agreed to move. We decided that i'd stay with him untill i found my own place. And then we'd resume dating.So i moved and, Well....10 years on and i haven't moved into my own place yet lol

Life is about taking chances :o)

Mick & Cathy said...

Arlene,
I couldn't believe the date my Dad was given, wouldn't surprise me when we get everything sorted they cancel again (watch this space).

Thanks, for the record I'm just back from a very enjoyable weekend away with Jane, we are in the process of planning a few more for the future.

Cactus,
Well its still early days to make a big decision like that but you can never predict the future, appreciate your input.

airliebird58 said...

What a messing about for your poor Mam and Dad bless em. Your Dad will have got all worked up to go into hospital too! I hope all goes well when he finally goes in.
Great clip of the White faithful there. Supporting LUFC is like falling in love with a person, you just can't help yourself, and you have the same ups and downs. Unlike supporters of other teams, (mentioning no names!)
MOT Mick! :)