Tuesday 12 August 2008

Win, Win, Win.

1. Winning - "Well its not the taking part its the winning that counts" Hell I'm on a good run Friday :- I played my mate Lofty at Golf, it was a tight match and he was one up with three to play but I managed to turn it on and win the last three.
Saturday :- Of course the mighty whites won theor opening game at Scunthorpe with goals from Jermaine Beckford & new signing Enoch Showumni, it was a good result as Scunny came down from the division above last season.
It was also the qualifying for the table tennis tournament I had a difficult group and was trying out a new bat and had to settle for finishing in band three.
Sunday :- Well I turned it on at the Table Tennis to reach the final of my section only dropping one set on route. In the final I trailed in the first set 8-4 but bounced back to win 11-8 then really turned on the style winning the next two 11-2, 11-1. Best I've played for a long time and won some prize money for my efforts.
Monday :- Didn't have a Pool league match but all our team turned up for practice. We ended the night playing "Killer" for money. We had two games and no prizes for guessing who took all the money in both (yes).
So long this winning streak continue cos the mighty Whites are in action again tonight at Chester in the League Cup and of course I've got my ticket for tomorrows National Lottery (now that would be nice).

2. Weight Loss - I was quite happy the other day when I tried on some casual trousers I bought awhile ago. They were previously too tight so I've never worn them. Well the result is I'm planning to take them on holiday. I have another pair of pin striped jeans, they look really smart but to be honest I couldn't previously fasten them but now I can. However they are still too tight to actually wear so I've still a target to make but I'm doing ok.

5 comments:

airliebird58 said...

Great win for the lads last night. I was very pleased. We looked confident and polished. The young lad, Fabian Delph looks a good un. I liked the look of him!

Jenny said...

Good job on the loss and fitting into some new pants. I love when that happens!

TitanThirteen said...

Where are you going on holiday?
How is "killer" played in pool?
What's your golf score average?
Good on you for the clothing fit. It feels awesome to fit into something you previously couldn't doesn't it?! It's kinda an indescribablew feeling :o))

TitanThirteen said...

- the W on that indescribable lol

Mick & Cathy said...

Airlie,
Not such a good result today, we never perform against Oldham. Delph is certainly a talent though.

Jenny,
Its good when that happens but I've plenty more to lose before I can squeeze into some stuff I have.

Cactus,
1. Chicago, Houston & New Orleans.
2. I'll explain Killer Pool on my next post.
3. My handicap is 18 (was once 12) so I'm expected to be 18 over par (one shot per hole).