Friday 8 August 2008

Bad Blogger

1. Bad Blogger - Well its a week since my last post and by my own standards thats about as long as I normally get between posts so I suppose I've been a bad blogger. To be honest I've felt a bit of a writing block, I've come online intending to write only to not feel motivated.

2. Excitement - I'm quite excited at present as tomorrow is the start of the Footie season, Leeds are away at Scunthorpe and its a early kick off (before everyone else). So if we win we will be top albeit for a few hours.
Its also the Olympics so our TV's will be full of sport, Team GB are hoping to come 4th in the medal table which would be great for a country of our size, I'll be supporting them all the way. Of course we are robbed of a few medals as our top sports are not played, if Darts, Snooker & Dominoes were in it just think how many medals we would win. Hell they include synchronised swimming and rhythmic gymnastics so why not.
Another thing I'm excited about is its only just over two weeks to my next vacation, so Chicago, Houston & New Orleans here I come.

3. Tax man - My friend the Tax man has been chasing me, I got a form sent to fill in this week. I think they have just noticed I'm paying them next to nothing since getting made redundant and they don't like that after the thousands I've given them.
Well I've nothing to hide so had no problem filling it in until I noticed the envelope they provided to return it. Instead of it been postage paid it said "please affix stamp here", cheeky b*****s.

4. This Weekend - I'm playing in a veterans (over 40's) Table Tennis Tournament in Halifax its the first of the season and I'm looking forward to it. The standard will be high with players from all over the country but I'm hoping for a few good wins but we'll see. I've actually been moved down in the county teams to Yorkshire 4th team from the 2nd team. I'm not dissapointed because the standard was getting tough for me, a lot of new players are reaching the 40 age group. In fact nobody in the county teams ranked above me are older so I reckon I'm doing myself justice to get selected where I am.
Back to the tournament Saturday is qualifying where we play in a group of 8 players, the top 2 go into band one, 3rd & 4th into band 2, and so on. The banded competitions are then played on Sunday, it'll be a amazing performance to getr in band one but realisticly band two would be good for me, think I can be competitive at that level.

5. Weight Loss - Well I reckon I've stagnated a bit, I've a few clothes I'd like to take on holiday but are slightly tight. At present I wouldn't take any of them (I like comfort) butI'll be trying them again before I go then making the decision. With this in mind I've started another push and limiting my daily intake, the last few nights I've managed not to eat late at night (think I've mentioned this is a problem for me before). Must admit last night I was really hungry but didn't give in.
I've also changed a few foods in my diet to lower calorie so its just about seeing how I go. Two weeks isn't long but I'm determined to keep it up after my holiday, I'm using clothes as my motivation.

6 comments:

Jenny said...

I think summers are generally slow blogging months, so no worries!

airliebird58 said...

Just a quick comment:
MOT!
:)

ArleneWKW said...

Not surprisingly, I won't be watching too much of the Olympics. Possibly the gymnasts. Will they have that? I know there's no skiing or ice skating which I like in the winter Olympics. I really feel for the athletes trying to breathe that wonderful Beijing air. Gag.

It's hard to hang in there with the weight loss efforts. Like you, one of my stronger motivations is clothes. Unfortunately my motivation has weakened since I last wrote about the unending war against Fat.

TitanThirteen said...

Don't diddle the tax man! I got audited last year, and i had to lodge 5 tax returns. That hurt! lol

Good luck with the tornament :o)

Fairy Mae said...

Have fun at the tourney...

As for the Olympics, I too like the winter Olympics. I think Canada is in 30th with no medals as of yet. Oops!

I too, go by my clothes for the weight loss thing. I lost 10 but gained 4 back. That last 10 pounds is a buggar. Keep trying...You'll make it!

No comment on the dreaded tax man! Have fun with that!

Mick & Cathy said...

Jenny,
Yes I suppose they are.

Airliebird,
MOT

Arlene,
Yes it is a bit riddiculous holding a major sporting event in a City like Beijing with its pollution problem.

Cactus,
I wouldn't dream of diddling the Taxman, lol.

Fairy,
I think clothes are a great way to motivate, I've a few to shrink into yet.