Sunday 3 February 2013

Frustrated with life

I'm a bit frustrated with life at the moment, nothing specific just need some excitement and adventure.

What isn't helping is I'm expecting some news (on a personal issue) and it seems so slow coming. Its been going on a long time and its very close to its conclusion.

As you all know like my sport as always played a big part in my life, play table tennis and Pool but feel really stale at present especially with the Table Tennis, not really looking forward to matches/competitions and wanting season to end. Most competitions are done and dusted by easter so planning to have a good break then, also giving a lot of thought to cutting back the amount i play next season. Never know i may get my enthusiasm back with a summer break.
Not been big headed here but at local league level I'm a quite good player and think that is part of the problem, because i win most of my matches teams want me to turn out all the time and I'm a sucker for not letting them down, done it for years. I know I've achieved everything within my capabilities and feel there is nothing more to aim at, do like the social side though. Its frustrating to lose sharpness because of a mix of not been motivated to practice and natural decline as you get older.

I'm actually giving a lot of thought to taking up a complete new sport so I can start at the bottom and see how far i can climb the ladder.

Also think I'm going to start golfing again in the summer, haven't played for a couple of years so it'll be good to get out on the course (once better weather arrives).

A few other things going on at present that are also a bit frustrating but nothing major just an accumalation.

On a more positive note, getting my garden ready for summer, gonna have a good colour display of flowers this year, put a load of various bulbs in that should flower in spring. Also ordered a load of plants for me to pot and grow on before transferring into the garden to flower all summer, will take some photos.

2 comments:

Enz said...

It must be in the air. I am feeling like I want adventure too. Sometimes the day to day of living life seems like not enough.

Mick & Cathy said...

Enz,
Think you are right, I hate it when everything seems so routine. I need inspiration.