Tuesday 9 November 2010

The truth is revealed (ouch)

Just been reading back on my blog posts and the last time I actually weighed myself (before my scales packed up) was over two and half years ago. I didn't realise it was that long but in my last weight in the scales said 208lb but I also estimated the scales were 10lb out so called it 218lb.

Anyway to get to the point I've now nowhere to hide I've bought some new scales and weighed in this morning at a horrible 238lb (20lb increase, ouch), was quite shocked as was estimating 14lb less than that judging by how my clothes feel. I could make the excuse that maybe the old scales were further out than I thought but in truth whatever I'm too heavy.

To be fair I've had a heavy food and drink weekend which wont have helped, been in Blackpool playing TT in the Veterans National league and although the exercise was good the weekend is also social gathering and involved a couple of late nights, drinking, 3 course meals, big breakfasts, etc.
For the record our team did well winning 4 matches and losin one, we are 2nd in our section which is great (only one point behind the leaders). Personaly I did good winning 9 out of my 10 matches to lead the averages and it included a couple of wins over players ranked higher which was pleasing.

http://www.etta.co.uk/BritishLeague/VNL/2010-11/VNL110dall.htm

Back to the weight loss plan and I intend to weigh once per week on wednesdays and post on here to keep a record, thinking about setting targets which I'll decide after my Spain trip. Only difference is it'll be Tuesday this and next week then to wednesday on my return (24th Nov).

So here goes (again)

3 comments:

Sandii said...

it's just a place to start hon, don't worry about it!!!

it'll be down before you know it.

i think being accountable to yourself is daunting enough let alone posting it so well done!!

btw - Nana passed away last night - no surprise recovery I'm afraid, but she's out of pain now and with Grandad so will be happy about that.
x

TitanThirteen said...

All scales are different, so try not to focus on that number too much.
I have bi-polar scales that give me whatever number they feel like at any given time lol

ArleneWKW said...

I'll be cheering you on as you fight the (weight) enemy that I know so well. I'd be pleased if you'd check out my most recent post on my weight blog to see where I am with the ever raging battle.