Monday 15 November 2010

Strange Song Choice

Have you ever been doing somethingon your own and started to hum, whistle or sing a song to yourself without any reason. Ok nothing unusual many of you will say and I'd agree its something I've done in the past as I'm sure many of you have.
However in my previous experience its normally something we've heard recently or a song from our all time favorite lists. This last week its different, I found myself on more than one occasion humming and singing two songs from "Simon and Garfunkel" Bridge over troubled Water album.
Ok I don't dislike S & G but I'm also not their biggest fan either, I do have the album bought it in the 70's on vinyl(if anyone can remenber vinyl records)and it is quite good. Strangely though I reckon I haven't played it or heard the songs concerned for 25 to 30 years yet I could recite all the words.

For the record the two songs concerned were :-
Baby Driver


Keep the Customer Satisfied


Now if somebody had asked me to sing a S & G song I would have gone for my favorite of theirs "The Boxer" which is on the same album.

2 comments:

ArleneWKW said...

I can't seem to stop myself from humming a certain aria from the opera Carmen. This has gone on since I first heard it about 8 months ago. I intend to learn the words so I can at least be singing rather than endlessly going "da dum pum pum da dum pum pum."

Sandii said...

firstly, check out the hair!!! omg, how funny is that?!

i find there is ALWAYS a meaning to this sort of stuff, dig around in your memory, it'll probably come to light when you prompt a bit, a certain person or time or event... someone somewhere trying to tell you something!