Tuesday 26 October 2010

Mission Accomplished

I'm sat here quite happy with myself because I've just found that I've made one of my goals. A few few months ago those that read my blog will remember I said I was setting myself targets at TT at National level to get in the top 100 in the Veterans (over 40's) and the top 30 in the over 50's.
At the time I was ranked 149 at Veterans and didn't have a over 50 ranking. Still haven't got a over 50 ranking but hoping to be on the next list. However my joy is based on my Veterans position which now stands at No90, well inside my target.
I'm a realist and think it will be hard to stay this high at present because I'm more likely to lose to people below me than beat those above me so I'm opting out of the next couple of tournaments. I am actually playing in the veterans National League next week and may have some county matches oming up which are all ranking competitions so I'll see how they go.
I know to improve further I need to get my fitness level and get much faster around the court, reckon if I can push the weight loss it'll help significantly.

Talking of weight loss I mentioned in my last post I'm trying to lose a few pounds before my next holiday (3 weeks to go now). Well I think its going great I've stuck with my eating plan (ok had a small piece of chocolate sunday that I shouldn't) and I'm sure its working. I did go out to Pool last night and had a few beers but thats allowed as my reward night. Not sure how much I've lost as my scales are broken but tried my Black Jeans on last night and although tightish I could get away with wearing them. Last time I tried them they were far too tight to wear in fact quite painful, hoping they'll be comfort fit by my holiday, thats the aim anyway.
My normal jeans I'm wearing are sarting to feel slack which is another good indiation.
I know my holiday will possibly destroy all this hard work but I'll kick back into my plan on my return.

Did I mention I'm not ageing, lol.
Seriously I had to change my driving licence cos its 10 years old so had my photo taken. When I compared my old photo with the new one they were identical, I asked a few people to say which is the oldest and they couldn't tell.
Of course I'll tell you I'm staying young but I'm sure others will tell you I was a old git 10 years ago.

On a sad note I'm off to North Wales on Friday to a funeral, my cousins husband died of cancer he was just in his 60's, real nice bloke aswell.

1 comment:

Sandii said...

sorry to hear about your cousins hubby Mick :-( I hope the funeral goes as well as these things can.

lol i'm gonna say that you're not ageing!!!

well done on the TT and the w/l, holidays are for experiencing btw so you have to eat, drink and be merry!!!
xxx