Tuesday 19 October 2010

4 weeks and counting

Four weeks today and I'll be on my way to Andulucia in Spain for my next holiday. This time its a organised trip its actually a singles holiday and if its half as good as my summer trip to Americas Golden West with the same company it'll be great.

Maybe I'll meet a nice lady who knows, thought I had on the America trip but things didn't quite work out, right person wrong time but thats life I suppose. Apparently this trip is fully booked (45 of us I believe) and the ratio of ladies to men is 5 to 1 so could be interesting.

Whatever I hoping for some winter sun although I'm not one for sitting by a pool or on a beach reckon there will be some chill out time in that situation. Thats why I reckon I should make a 4 week effort to shed a few pounds beore I go, gotta look my best, lol.
Ok not gonna produce miracles but a little improvement wont go a miss, so from today its healthy eating and exercise for the next 4 weeks.

At the end of the day thats the real secret of weight loss and we are all responsible to ourselves.

The plan is to cut out any snacks, biscuits and sweets I occasionally indulge in and also spend more time active on my feet, I've drawn up a list of jobs need doing around the house and in the garden hich should cut back "sat on backside" time.

Two TV programmes this week highlighted the two areas concerned (diet and exercise), the first news item was about the overweight Orangutan that somebody had kept as a pet. Apparently they fed it on sweets and biscuits and its twice the weight it should be and suffering the related health issues. Its been brought to this country and put on a strict diet (mainly fruit) and is improving.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/newsid_9100000/newsid_9102500/9102553.stm

The 2nd a documentry was about the 45 stone virgin, apparently a 31 year old was weighing that much and a fitness coach read about his situation and decided to help. So with the help of a strict exercise regime he avoided surgery and silly diets to shed his weight.
http://tv.sky.com/45-stone-virgin-review

Makes you think what can be achieved.

So can't sit here on this computor, gotta get moving but I will update on what I'm doing.

2 comments:

Regina Rodriguez-Martin said...

You go, Mick!

Sandii said...

I am so jealous of your travels! LOL

45 stone, OMG that is amazing... i'm not sure how it happens but we take our eyes off the scales for a bit and it's there - luckily we've never taken them off for that long hey Mick!!!

you'll be grand!!!

x