Friday 11 June 2010

Bragging rights

Last night I was at the local Table Tennis League presentation evening and this season I reckon I've got major bragging rights. So I'm gonna be a bit big headed and tell you I achieved something thats never been achieved in our league and won everything I played in. Ok its only a small league with two divisions, 16 teams and about 60 players but still reckon I've done good.
For the record my results :-
Team - League one champions
Division one individual averages - won with 98% record
other events won - Mens Singles, Veterans singles, Mens doubles, Handicap Singles, Handicap Doubles.

Here is a photo I took this morning of the trophys I picked up :-

On another note I've just joined the local Golf Club and I'm going for my first match down there Saturday afternoon. Apparently I've to play 3 times and hand the scorecards in to get a handicap. Have virtually not played at all for the last couple of years so will struggle I think. However once I get a handicap I'll be trying to get it lower but it'll be a good way to monitor any progress. I'll want improve so it'll encourage me to get out on the course which will be excellent exercise (they say a round of golf is about 6 miles walking). I carry my Golf bag not like these wimps that use a trolley so its quite physical.

2 comments:

Sandii said...

brag away - you're a star! t/t is actually harder than it looks!!! x

Fairy Mae said...

Sweet!