Monday 14 December 2009

Physical wreck

Reckon I've pulled of torn a muscle in my leg, its inside my thigh and really hurts when I stretch. I did it playing TT last thursday right at the end of the match, we were playing the doubles and only 3 points from finishing when I stretched for a ball and felt it. It wasn't too bad, I actually thought it was a bit of cramp so was able to finish.
Anyway at the weekend I've been away playing for Yorkshire Veterans and it went again in my first match. Maybe I should have packed in but to be honest while I was warmed up it was manageble but I could feel a sharp pain evertime I stretched for a forhand shot.
I managed to play all the team matches and we did well in our division which was expected to be tough. We won one, lost one & drew two of our team matches. Individually I managed to win 5 out of 8 singles (two of my defeats in a tight 5 set games) and 3 out of 4 doubles.
By the end of the weekend my leg was really sore partly due to the injury but partly due to normal wear and tear of a hard weekends play.
This morning I'm walking ok but if I have to stretch its quite bad, it was really painfull putting on my socks.
I have two more TT matches this week then thats it while after Christmas, they are on Wednesday & Thursday this week. They are nowhere near as tough as the county matches and hopfully I should get through without extending myself too much.

On top of that I've got a cold coming on, not too bad at present so I hope it clears quickly.

1 comment:

ArleneWKW said...

Ah Mick, I hope the pain eases and that your cold quickly disappears. Good that you'll have a bit of a rest.