Friday 4 December 2009

England versus USA

Well my American friends I've just watched the World Cup draw and our countries will be playing each other in next years finals in South Africa, I'm talking Football (thats Soccer to you).

We were both placed in group "C" along with Algeria and Slovenia. Actually with two going through to the knock out stages I reckon we could both make it with England top of course.

The big match takes place on June 12th in Rustenburg (Wherever that is).

Other groups put some fancied teams together such as Brazil, Ivory Coast & Portugal in group G which is already been called the group of death.

And not forgetting my Aussie friends I see you are in group G with Germany, Serbia & Ghana. Reckon you have a shout in that one especially with possibly two Leeds players in your squad Patrick Kisnorbo & Neil Kilkenny. In fact if you are runners up and England win ours we would meet in the last 16.

3 comments:

ArleneWKW said...

Well, of course, I'll be rooting for the U.S.A. if I remember to root at all. As you probably know, soccer (your football) is not as big here as our football (which I also don't follow except that I root for the 49er's 'cause that's the team Matt roots for).

airliebird58 said...

Cant wait for the world cup, I usually watch nearly every match lol. As I write this Kettering have just bloody equalised against the lads. I'm sure Leeds Utd have taken a year off my life!!

Mick & Cathy said...

Arlene,
Well I think its getting bigger in the US, they have a decent team, there are a few good players playing in our Premier Division.

Airlibird,
Talking of US footballers do you think Grella maight make their squad, he looks a talent that needs a regular run in the team. His 2nd last night was a awesome finish.