Friday 10 September 2010

No more Mr Nice Guy

We I reckon I'm not one for falling out with neighbours but I'm afraid its going to happen with one of them. Basically the back end of his garden borders the side of mine and his fence and hedge is a disgrace.

First the fence is rotten and falling to bits, he tried to claim it was mine but research proved it was put up by previous occupeants of his home and is on his part of the land, been reasonable I offered to go halfs a few months ago but he appears to be not going to do anything.

Also his hedge is a tangled web of privet, wild roses and various other giant growths, its over 3 metres high and the law states 2 metres is the maximum it should be. I asked him about it 3 months ago and he promised to cut it back, I'm still waiting for him to take some action.

Of course he isn't bothered because its virtually out of site from his house but its first thing I see when I look out my window, it also blocks light.

Anway I've started to take the bull by the horns, chopping some of it down, not bothered how it looks from his side or if his fence accidently gets damaged, he wont be happy but what the hell.



Anyway rant over, so what else is hapening, for one starting to think about my trip to Budapest as its less than 4 weeks now, sort of planning what I want to see and do when I'm over there.

As for eating, its a little negative as I've been feeling hungry a lot so probably more as passed my lips than planned. To counter that exercise as been good so I don't think I've done any damage.

Got British League TT at Accrington this weekend, sort of looking forward to it but been feeling a sore achilles heel so hoping it holds up to the matches.

Tonight I'm out for a Chinese meal with a few ex workmates, haven't seen some of them for ages so looking forward to it, off in the car so wont be drinking, will be leaving early because of tomorrows TT.

Pool league starts again on Monday night was down practising last week when one of the 2nd team lads challenged me while we were chatting to a game of Chess, hell haven't played for ages and actually enjoy it so took up the challenge andmnaged to beat him.

Got my official golf handicap "16" which will be tough to play to but it'll make me work, having an away day on Wednesday with a couple of friends to a diferent course.

Thats about it folks.

4 comments:

Regina Rodriguez-Martin said...

Bob and I went out for a Chinese last night and it was so good to eat U.S. food that I knew wouldn't cause me stomach problems afterwards! I just walk around feeling so grateful to be back!

ArleneWKW said...

I lost track of your various sports; I think I counted 4 here, though I guess I've included games (Chess) in the mix, a game that I once enjoyed until a total jerk pointed out the stupidity of each of my moves as I completed them. That was about 40 years ago. Maybe it's time for me to give chess another try.

I hate hassles with neighbors. In some ways they are worse than difficulties with co-worker, not as easily resolvable + it's happening in the one place where one expects to find refuge.

Budapest, cooool!

Sandii said...

well you've certainly been making up for your free weekend! :-)

hope the achilles holds up and don't worry too much about your food, it's all about the balance!!! and you look good regardless.

i'm with you on the garden front, our neighbours rent the house htey live in so don't give a toss about the fact that their lawn looks like crud and the weekds intrude into our lawn... i'm over trying to get them to do anything so i just don't look!!! well i try at least. good on you for making a stand!

D got a chess set for his b'day, buggered if i've ever been able to play it - never understood it really... am impressed with anyone who can play!
:-)

Budapest, i'm a tad jealous... haven't done a trip since 07 Mick!!! bring on Cambodia in 11... thank goodnes i have something to look forward to on that front!

you take care
xx

Mick & Cathy said...

Reg,
But surely if you ate a Chinese meal it would be Chinese not American, lol.

Arlene,
I actually enjoy Chess but it is difficult finding people to play against. Its a good game and helps ep the brain alert (so they tell me).

San,
Reckon holidaying is good and Cambodia will be interesting for you.
I love travel and intend to see as much of the world as possible.
Achilles isn't too bad but I can still feel it, just wish it would clear up fully.