Thursday 2 September 2010

A Free Weekend

Well this weekend I'm now free, had entered the North/East Yorkshire TT championships at Scarborough but just heard they have decided to cancel. This really narks me because I entered to support the local event because I could have entered the Northern masters at Sunderland which is a ranking event. Of course they have let me know too late to enter the other event.

Well at least I'll be in competition the following weekend, playing for my Club in the British League at Accrington, its gonna be tough as we haven't the strongest of teams due to players leaving through work commitments. I've moved a place so will play harder games than last season but will be doing my best. I'm looking forward to it though because I reckon I'm playing well in training, feeling really sharp at present.

So what do you do with a free weekend, reckon it'll be some gardening nd I've some outside painting needs doing so weather permitting maybe knock that off the list. Probably get a round of golf in Saturday also.
Talking Golf I played last Monday and when I arrived at the Club went into the boot of the car to get my golf shoes and they weren't there. Well it had been nine days since my previous round so I thought them lost, however it appears I'd left them and they were still in the locker room, how lucky is that.


1 comment:

Sandii said...

free weekend, we have one of those too, first one in AGES! but it's fathers day here so Sunday will be all about the dads in my life.

you know i've always wanted to do jury service too so was so happy to not only be called up but then to get through the whole process of actually getting on! it's a drama.

hope you enjoy your weekend no matter what you do
xx