Friday 12 February 2010

Update

In my last post I was quite surprised that Celtic Girl asked what "Gammon" is until I checked out a website for an explanation and found it was purely a British Cut of Pork from the hind leg of a Pig.

So here is the explanation :-

For those who are unaware Gammon is from an Old Northern French word "Gambe" for hind- leg of the pig or ham. However, if one wants a whole ham then a ham is ordered, if one wants part of the ham (usually boned and rolled or cut into steaks) that portion of the ham is usually called Gammon. All of our hams and gammon are cured using the over 300 year old "Wiltshire Cure" method.

Gammon Bacon cured using the "Wiltshire Cure" method, boned and cut into 3 Lb. joints. It can be sliced to make gammon steaks, boiled to make ham sandwiches or baked . Joints are sold by weight on the scale labels.

Gammon Steaks Each steak Center cut (across the bone). Each steak is 3/8 in. thick weighing approximately 12 oz in weight and individually shrink wrapped. To make each steak into two Gammon Half-moon Steaks simply cut in half lengthways. Each steak is sold by the weight on the scale label.



I'll add I like my Gammon Steaks topped with Pineapple but some prefer a Fried Egg with it.


Moving on I'll soon be changing my internet provider, the change over is scheduled for the 18th Februry so if I'm not online after that date I've hit snags, still actually waiting for my wireless router which I thought would be here by now. I'm going to phone them Monday if its not arrived by then.

Not too much else to report, life is just moving on, haven't yet booked any holidays although been looking at a few options. Been playing my Pool and TT matches in the local leagues. We've about sewn up the Selby league at TT after wupping our main rivals.
However the York league is a different issue we are top but by only one point with 9 matches to go. Its the closest its been in living memory a real two horse race ans the other teams are miles behind. We've 9 matches to play and 10 points is available in each match, us and our rivals are averaging 8.5 per match which must be some kind of record. The two teams clash on March 9th and I'm really looking forward to that one but I've a feeling its going to the wire.

4 comments:

ArleneWKW said...

Sounds like your keeping busy. Good for you. Dealing with internet providers sounds like a hassle.

TitanThirteen said...

Good luck with your smooth internet change over

TitanThirteen said...

Hey, i did a video post a few posts back if you want a gawk :o)

Mick & Cathy said...

Cactus,
Checked your video