Sunday 14 June 2009

Ok I like to Win

Its the time of year I attend the various Presentation evenings of the local Table Tennis Leagues that I play in. Once again I've a few trophys to pick up, the above one's are from the Selby league I also got a few at the York league event.

It led me to think about my personality type and I've come to the conclusion its not just the table tennis but whatever I do I like to win. Reckon if I played a 5 year old at tiddly winks I'd want to win. I've always had a competitive nature and am at my best when someone tells me I can't do something, I love the adrenalin I get from a challenge.

Anyway I'm looking forward to the North/East Yorkshire Championships next weekend, its for players from a number of local leagues (York, Hull, Scarborough, Selby, Rydale, Bridlington, Northallerton & Scarborough). There is a over 50's event and its the first time I've entered something in that age group so I'm really up from the challenge, there are a few good players to beat though.

3 comments:

celtic_girl said...

I think your not alone there, everyone likes to win, I know I do.

I also will bend over backwards to do something if I'm told I can't, maybe I should apply that to my weighloss efforts eh!

Nice trophies.

TitanThirteen said...

Winning is awesome! But having fun is more important. Like if you win due to default, where's the glory in the win? Y'know? But winning is grand me matey!

The trophies are nice. I only have one little trophy and thats for pool playing.

Mick & Cathy said...

Celtic,
Not as daft as it seems trying to find ways to use a competitive nature to aid weight loss. I'm gonna think about how.

Cactus,
Sure having fun is very important but winning any challenge is awesome.
You got one trophy thats good many people haven't bet you are proud of it.