Friday 26 June 2009

Must have kept my youthfull looks

The other day I was in the supermarket checkout queue and there was a little old lady behind me. I didn't recognise her but when I turned around she "You are Michael arn't you". Surprised I said yes thinking she must know my parents.
She realised I wasn't sure who she was when she explained she was "Diane ----- mother". I was gobsmacked because the Diane she was talking about was someone who was at scholl with me, not at Secondary school but in the Junior school, yes the under 11's, in other words she recognised someone who was at school with her daughter 40 years ago.
So I can't have altered as much as I thought.

Just to confirm my youthfull looks I played my first over 50's Table Tennis competition in Scarborough and much to my delight a couple of the other competitors querried if I was old enough.
Think they were dissapointed I was there cos they fancied their chances and I was ranked above them. For the record I managed to win the age group beating a bloke from Hull in the final. Did ok in the other (younger events), got to the Semi of the Over 40's & the last 8 in the Open age singles plus semi of the doubles.

Anyway thought I better write a post today cos thats it for a fortnight cos I'm away on holiday (with Jane of course). I wish you all well and will catch up on my return to the UK.

5 comments:

TitanThirteen said...

Wow that woman has a fantastic memory!
It's Jane keeping you young, see. That's love for you :o)

Anonymous said...

have a great trip, can't wait to see/hear all about it!!! xx
San

celtic_girl said...

Well your probably on your trip by now, hope you have a great time and look forward to your post on it.

ArleneWKW said...

Also a good sign for the little old lady; she's still mentally sharp. it's good to read that you and Jane are still involved with each other.

airliebird58 said...

Some people are so good at remembering folk, my sister is the same!
Hope you have a lovely holiday. Sorry I haven't visited your blog much lately, but I've been neglecting my own too! The FC's form had been SO bad Mick I can't bring myself to write about em lol.