Monday 18 May 2009

How Blue can you get ?

Well today I reckon I've got the blues

Today is the day that the governments scheme to get people buying new cars and help the car industry comes into operation. The scheme involves giving anyone with a car over 10 years old £2,000 off the price of a new one if they scrap the old banger.

Sure some people will think great but not me because it doesn't help me and thousands like me, in fact I'd goes as far as saying the majority of the population will be worse off.
Well my car is 4 years old, I usually part exchange it when it gets to about 5years old, of course this great government innitiative as today devalued all 2nd hand cars of that sort of age. Its normally the people that have old bangers that buy cars 5 or 6 years old like mine, of course today they are all buying new, nobody will want mine.
So I'm left with the choice of taking a financial hit or keeping my car and running it into the ground.

Now I think the government should do this sort of deal for household appliances, you may have guessed I'm a bit pissed off. Today I put some washing on and half way through my washing machine decided it wanted to die, didn't go quietly though a real crash and bang.
Not really looked at it much yet but it looks like the motor (not sure what caused it), reckon a repair will cost between £100 & £120 where I can get a new washer for about twice as much. I'm deciding which is the best option, I know a repair is cheaper but its an oldish machine and I'm thinking it'll only be a matter of time before something else goes wrong. Maybe new one is the best option but I'll strip it first in case its a easier repair than I expect.

Then of course there are other matters like Leeds United losing in the play offs (& scumchester won the league), my foot is hurting (gout) and before anyone asks I haven't lost weight this week.

Anyway I'm gonna finish with a suitable song "How Blue Can you get" its by BB King and a classic (maybe it'll cheer me up)



Ok life isn't totally bad, I'm going away this coming weekend with my friend Jane, we are away 4 days and I'm really looking forward to it.

3 comments:

airliebird58 said...

I have to join you in the 'fed up' Stakes. Last week was an awful one sporting wise. Like you mentioned Leeds loosing and Man U(re)winning the premiership. The dreaded Hull Kingstion Rovers went top of superleague (albeit for 24 hours)and my own beloved Hull FC lost at home with a performance that could drive you to drink!
I have only one word to describe it all and that is:
BLAH!

airliebird58 said...

Ooo, I just saw the last sentence after the video, hope you have a lovely visit with Jane :D

TitanThirteen said...

You feeling better now?