Wednesday 6 May 2009

Hello

It seems quite awhile since I wrote a blog article so thought I'd update everyone with whats happening in my life.

First on the weight loss front I'm sort of holding my own (so nothing changed there), Meals are going to plan but I've still got the age old problem of doing well all day but surredering to the hunger in the evening, not every day though. Think I need another push, maybe I should write on here exactly what I eat & drink at least that way I'm accountable & you lot can criticise when I fail.

Did a idiot thing last week, put the washing on & my MP3 player was in my shirt pocket. So now I've got the cleanest MP3 player in town and luckily after 2 days on the radiator its still working.

My love life is going well with Jane, we have really hit it off, I've got strong feelings for her & it seems she feels a similar way. Although its difficult us living at opposite ends of the country things seem to be moving forward at a fair rate of knotts. Our next get together is in 2 weeks time, I'm really looking forward to it.

Playing TT tonight, its the local league (York) knockout semi final, we've already sealed the league championship so are on course for the double. If we win the final is Friday night. There is a Presentation evening the following Friday, I'll be going to collect my trophies.

Last Friday I went out in Leeds for a meal with a few ex workmates, it was a good night. Went to a restaurant/Bar called "Tiger Tiger". I had a Mixed Grill which was nice (ok not good for the diet but it was a special occasion. Later we went to a Club but to be honest it wasn't my scene, think the music they play in Clubs nowadays is crap (showing my age).

Finally got to say good luck to Leeds United, my team again have reached the play offs and hopfully this year we will go all the way. Our form going into these matches is good so confidence will be high.
We've got them nice friendly people from South/East London "Millwall" in the two legged semi final. First leg is down at their place next Saturday then the return in Leeds on Thursday. The fans of these Clubs don't like each other so given the history between them the Police are only allowing the away teams 1,000 tickets.
If we win we'll play either MK Dons or Scunthorpe in the final.

5 comments:

celtic_girl said...

Yes,the evening pantry stalking has always been my downfall as well. I think it'a good to have a planned snack, then you don't feel deprived.

So how far does Jane live from you?

Mick & Cathy said...

Celtic,
Good point on the planned snack maybe I should leave a few calories in hand for a mid evening nibble.
Jane lives about 250 mile from me.

Jenny said...

It is so nice to hear that things are still going well with you and Jane even with the space between you. Hopefully at some point that distance won't be so far?

airliebird58 said...

Well its 10am Saturday morning as I write this, and I have the collywobbles already! We WILL go up this time Mick!!!
MOT!

TitanThirteen said...

Stop buying nibblies. Bet you don't want to night time snack on carrot sticks! lol
You are VEEEERY lucky that your MP3 player stick works!