Tuesday 26 November 2013

No Motivation no pressure

For as long as I care to remember I've played Pool in the local league on Monday nights, not the best player around but I've always done ok and if played more often like the serious players am sure would be up there with the top boys.
To be honest its always been a social thing, sort of an excuse to go out on a Monday but dont get me wrong i'm as competitive as anyone.
Anyway recently I feel that I'm not motivated to play think its due to a number of reasons maybe just done it too long but think its down to last season  when we were robbed of the league by the committee and it really narked me. Basically we finised level on points with our rivals but thought it won as we had lost less matches however a play off was ordered. On top of that our rivals during the season had 3 matches cancelled which clearly isn't allowed and they also didn't rearrange them within 21 days which is also in the rules, both offences should be points deductions.

Still I'm not going to let my team down so not saying I'm going to not turn up, just not as bothered.

But all that isn't the point of my post its the fact not been bothered can be an advantage, last night I played my singles in the individual knockouts was away from home on a strange table and really didn't care if I won or lost. That fact meant I played with no pressure and went for difficult shots when normally would play safe, it paid dividends and i cleared up both frames to record a 2-0 victory and move into the next round.
After it led me to thinking would I have won if I'd been motivated and not played with the same free spirit, suppose I'll never know.

2 comments:

ArleneWKW said...

Hi Mike. I enjoyed reading about your latest American adventure.

Sorry that you missed Yosemite (I think) because of the idiotic government shutdown. At this point in U.S. history, our government is disfunctional. Our democracy is fracture, broken by ideological extremes and the influence of monied interests. I don't know I'd know if we are in an irreversible decline, ripe for the triumph of an authoritarian regime or revolution or if this just a phase in our history with a return to functionality (with the adults back in control.) .

Your suitcase experiences are troublesome in the ways that you described. Your comments about this are insightful.

I'm glad that you've returned to the blogosphere. As you have probably noticed, my posts ae few and far along. I have no plans to discontinue or continue with posting. With one exception, my blog friends have left the blogosphere. Some tines I see them on Facebook.

Mick & Cathy said...

Hi Arlene,
Wasn't actually going across to Yosemite (maybe another trip) but did miss Bryce Canyon, Zion nat park, Lake Powell cruise, Arches nat park nt at least one other.

I dony bother with facebook doesn't interest me but intend to blog on here occasionally and my new weight loss and fitness blog.