Friday 18 September 2009

Good Neighbours & Friends

Just wanted to mention the good people in my life, lately friends have been so important to me. Since Jane's short illness and sad death which I've been quite devastated about I've had fantastic support from a number of people. So many have contacted me offering their help in any way they can. This ranges from words of support, friends offering to take me out to, to chat if needed. I've even had great support through my blog, MySpace & emails from many of you I've never met. A couple even gave me their phone numbers offering to talk.

This week I'm having it busy, my Dad is in hospital for a knee replacement and my Mum is in a care home while he recovers. I visit my Mum each morning and then its a quick Lunch before going to see my Dad in the afternoon. At the same time I've been trying to clear a couple areas of my garden that are overgrown. This is where the good neighbours come in, the elderley chap next door dug over one area and cleared a lot of weeds, on and off it took 3 days, I didn't ask but he decided to help. He's the type of person that loves gardening but he did do a good job. Ok I think it was part payment because I repaired his lawn mower at the weekend and have previously done a odd job to help him.

My other neighbours are good also another one helped me clear a lot of debri from some big bushes I chopped down. I reckon I'm lucky to live in the area I do people all help each other.

I am a bit down today it would have been Jane's 46th birthday and I reckon we should have been together.
As for getting over Jane , whats happend as changed me. Before I met her I reckon I'd settled for the single life but now I'm single again I'm not sure think I'd like to find someone else. Not just yet though that wouldn't be fair to someone else or respectful to Jane, anyway I'm not yet ready. I think by what she said in the hospital she wants me to find someone else one day, we spoke a lot after she knew the inevitable about things like that. We were so right for each other.

3 comments:

celtic_girl said...

Keeping busy is good for you Mick.

I'm so glad you have a circle of good people around you, it makes all the difference.

I hope you Dad's recovery is speedy, knee replacements are bloody awful, I went through my mum 's several years ago and it takes the stuffing out of the patient.

ArleneWKW said...

I skimmed through some of your previous ones and carefully read through this one. I'm glad that you are moving forward in your life while keeping a place in your heart and mind for Jane. When you are ready to form a new relationship, you may find that the one you had with Joan will enrich it. I think you already know this. You are wise to take it slowly now and blessed to have the friends that You brought into your life.

airliebird58 said...

Nice to see you are posting again Mick. Keeping busy is the best thing to keep your mind off everything. Time really is a great healer. You will never really get over your loss, you just get better at dealing with it.
Take care, and try and get yourself to Elland Road. Good for the soul you know :)