Sunday 19 July 2009

Cadillac Records - At Last

One film currently out I'd like to see is "Cadillac records" which is about Chess records in Chicago.
I see Beyonce plays the part of Etta James and its causing some argument between music fans to who does the best version of the classic love song "At Last". Must admit I would go for Etta as this song belongs to her but at the same time I'm impressed with Beyonces version.
Thing is searching the internet this song has been performed by some superb female singers so I ask you the question of which version you prefer :-

Etta James :-


Beyonce :-


Cyndi Lauper :-


Christina Anguilera :-


Eva Cassidy :-


Celine Dion :-


For the record I'm going for :-
1. Etta
2. Celine
3. Eva
4. Beyonce
5. Christina
6. Cyndi

Its very difficult and you could put them in any order.

4 comments:

celtic_girl said...

I always reckon you can't go past the orginal version.

Mick & Cathy said...

Must admit I agree, the origional is usually best, suppose there are some exceptions but none that come to mind.

ArleneWKW said...

I don't have time to listen now, but this seems like a fun thing to come back to.

Jenny said...

At Last by Etta James is our wedding song, so clearly, I have a preference for her version. It is just classic.